- The Buckman Community Association has a 9-member Board of Directors.
- Elections to the board are held annually in June.
- Board members are elected by the BCA membership, and serve 2 year terms.
- Our board is often a mix of crusty (in a good way :) long-timers and fresh-faced newbies.
- Any BCA member is welcome to run for a seat on the board.
- Board members are expected to attend the monthly meetings.
Who We Are
Current board members:
San Noble - Board Co-Chair
Susan Lindsay - Board Co-Chair
Nate Smith - Secretary
Jeff Burns - Treasurer
Rick Johnson - Land Use Committee Co-Chair
Laren Leland - Sustainability Committee Chair
Nancy Oberschmidt - Sustainability Committee Co-Chair
Jason Werner - Voice Newsletter and Blog Communications
On May 10, 1986, the Buckman Community Congress took place. This was a day-long event of speakers, tables and workshops. One of the artifacts that came out of this event was the Buckman Book, a fascinating snapshot in time of the Buckman neighborhood and the BCA. Contained in the volume were nuggets like: