- The Buckman Community Association has a 9-member Board of Directors.
- Elections to the board are held annually in June.
- Board members are elected by the BCA membership, and serve 2 year terms.
- Our board is often a mix of crusty (in a good way :) long-timers and fresh-faced newbies.
- Any BCA member is welcome to run for a seat on the board.
- Board members are expected to attend the monthly meetings.
Who We Are
Current board members:
Christina Mei Ngook Westbrook 2021-2023 - Alternate SEUL representative
Jeffrey Yasskin 2021-2023 - Secretary
John Rose 2020-2022 - Land Use Co-Chair
Joshua Baker 2020-2022 - Land Use Co-Chair
Maren Boehmer 2021-2023 - SEUL Representative
Nick Olson 2020-2022 - Treasurer
Scotty Robinson 2021-2022
Stephen Fisher 2021-2023 - Board Co-Chair
Susan Lindsay 2021-2023 - Board Co-Chair
Additional active members:
Nancy Oberschmidt - Sustainability Committee Co-Chair and Transportation Committee Co-Chair
Land Use and Zoning: The Buckman Plan is a rich resource on the history of the neighborhood, and the general long range planning goals for the neighborhood.
The Buckman Book: On May 10, 1986, the Buckman Community Congress took place. This was a day-long event of speakers, tables and workshops. One of the artifacts that came out of this event was the Buckman Book, a fascinating snapshot in time of the Buckman neighborhood and the BCA. Contained in the volume were nuggets like:
Bylaws and Standing Rules