- The Buckman Community Association has a 9-member Board of Directors.
- Elections to the board are held annually in June.
- Board members are elected by the BCA membership, and serve 2 year terms.
- Our board is often a mix of crusty (in a good way :) long-timers and fresh-faced newbies.
- Any BCA member is welcome to run for a seat on the board.
- Board members are expected to attend the monthly meetings.
Who We Are
Current board members:
Sam Noble 2018-2020 - Board Co-Chair
Susan Lindsay 2019-2021 - Board Co-Chair
Jared Wiener 2018-2020 - Treasurer
Jeffrey Yasskin 2019-2021 - Secretary
Mary Barrett 2018-2020 - SEUL Liason
Rion Lyle 2018-2020
Ashley Gale 2019-2021
2 unoccupied board seats
Additional active members:
Nancy Oberschmidt - Sustainability Committee Co-Chair and Transportation Committee Co-Chair
Land Use and Zoning: The Buckman Plan is a rich resource on the history of the neighborhood, and the general long range planning goals for the neighborhood.
The Buckman Book: On May 10, 1986, the Buckman Community Congress took place. This was a day-long event of speakers, tables and workshops. One of the artifacts that came out of this event was the Buckman Book, a fascinating snapshot in time of the Buckman neighborhood and the BCA. Contained in the volume were nuggets like:
Bylaws and Standing Rules